Monday, July 11, 2011

** Demure**

Hey guys!! Hot where your liven? Boy it sure is here!! Got a LO to share with ya used my Swirlydoos July kit with this one "Vintage Fae". I had all ideas geared toward doing a fairly LO.. Well this one took a life all to its own.. Ended up using different papers that came in the kit than the ones that I had in mind. Ended up switching pic than the one that I had in mind and even didn't go with the title that I had in mind!! Like I said this LO took a whole different turn.. One thing that did stay the same is the piece I did using the "House of 3" Parisian Anthology resist paper.. I fell in love with the bottom section of the sheet! It was such a pretty design and I had to use it. I also knew I wanted to use a folding technique that I had learned long ago that Anna Griffen tought on a scrapping show that use to come on.. But those were the only 2 things that remained of my original idea.. Well enough chitter chatter on with the LO!!



After I spread out all of the wonderful papers that I got with the kit, I saw that the Kaisercraft "English Rose" went well with the piece of the "House of 3" paper. I altered it with puffy paint to give it a stucko look.. I used for the back ground a sheet of Pink Paislee "Butterfly Wings" that I folded (Anna Griffen tech). I also painted a piece of Dusty Attic in the top left corner and applied the puffy paint to it as well.. Then I used some of  Lindy's micas to color with and CTMH inks.


Here is a close up of the "Dusty Attic" piece that I used and the close up of the folding technique as well. I also used some pearls that came in the kit to give a little definition to the folds. The butterflies used was from Lisa G. she puts them up on the forum for us to use with our kits here.


Here is a closeup of the "House of 3" piece that I cut out and altered. Also close up the flower cluster. I used Prima (pink and mauve and leaves), Kaisercraft (blue) and the small roses is Swirlydoos..



Here is another shot of the bottom part of the cluster. Oh yeah I cut the swirls from Prima and placed them through out the LO.


The title well it was going to be "Grace" because in the picture it looks like my DD is praying. But that was a change as well. I thought to myself that she looked humble as well. So looked the word up and came up with the word "Demure" which according to dictionary.com means the same thing. It really seem to fit the whole French vibe I had going in this LO. The stickers that I used was from "colorbok".. I hope you enjoy and like it.. If ya do give me a shout out and leave me a comment! I love reading them! It lets me know that there is people looking and I aint just talking to myself LOL!!

Well hope to have more work to share in the coming weeks! Take Care and God Bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment