Tuesday, February 21, 2012

**Spot Lighting Tattered Angels** at Flying Unicorn!

 Hey everyone! Hope everone is having a great week! This week at Flying Unicorn we are spot lighting  Tattered Angels. Last weekend I played with mist! Not just any mists but, Tattered Angels mists. I wanted to really show how many things you could do with them! They are a very fun way to color just about anything! On My LO I colored flowers, seam binding, letters and yes even created my own background paper! I found this really cool video tute on making the background over at You Tube. Here is the link to the Linda Dukes tute. This was using plain ole gift tissue paper. I really loved the effect that it gave my LO.
Full-LO-Dream-in-color-f-w
In the LO I wanted to have a soft dramatic color play effect. I Used in the fore ground PP 7gypsies PP called "Walker". I so loved this paper and the color play going on. Of course there is those fab butterflies in it too! Then of course I also had to mix in a little Fabscraps pp to kinda keep it all grounded with so much color going on! The Fabscraps PP is called "Heritage rose".  I colored the prima flowers with Tattered angels "Seven Seas" this is really a more torquoise color. In the picture taken of the LO it looks like a deep blue. I also used it on some of the Petaloo flowers that I used. Colored the letters which are also Tattered Angels mistables. Then I really went nuts on the Back ground PP with a bunch of colors that I pulled out of the PP of 7gypsies. I made some of Denise's tissue flowers with the tissue that I used to make the BG paper. In the center of those I used Prima Say it in crystals. Also used them behind the "Dream" part of the title. The smaller part of the title I used Glitz tiny letters. I also used a Lablanche stamp in the lower right corner. Dusty attic butterflies and rose vine I misted as well. Then to finish it out a MS punch around the edges. Here is a close-up of the BG paper I made also the blooms I colored.

Up-close-Butterfly-f-w
Awesome effect! Loved doing it! Now for the tag I made.


Tag-f-w
I used the mist to make the Background of this tag with the same Lablanche stamp used up above in my LO. This is a technique that I learned a while back with gesso from Lisa Valentine. Its really cool to do as well!! Although I didn't like how the first tag turned out with the image I chose I did it again this time I colored the entire tag heavily with Tattered angels "Black Magic" then covered the entire tag with gesso. Let it form a lite skin then pressed my stamp down in it. Being really careful I then peeled the tag of the stamp (cleaned my stamp before anything else) and dryed with my heat gun. After that gesso was dry really well, I then added layers of the Tattered Angels "Seven Seas" mist. Blotting the mist dry with each layer. Some of the gesso shines through adding awesome texture! I really wanted the image to pop just a bit more so I litely hit the areas of the image with some black chalk. Inked the edges and embellished. So much fun!! Here is a close-up of the tag.
Up-close-of-the-tag-f-w
Other Items used was another Lablanche stamp on TH glassine paper. Colored that as well, with CTMH markers. The little roses are our very own Flying Unicorn brand. The clock face is TH and the tower and the memories sentiment is Prima. The other stamp used is Pinkpaislee "butterfly garden". The Large piece of lace and the angel is also Flying Unicorn brand embellishment pack you can get full of buttons, lace and all kinds of cool goodies to use. The other laces and ribbons are from my stash. Check out the store and Load up on some Tattered Angels mists! Most all of things I used came from the Flying Unicorn store and there are also new LaBlanche stamps in too!! Here is the link to the store. Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment