Sunday, July 8, 2012

**LO's Using Once Upon a Memory** July KOM Flying Unicorn

 Hello everyone! I have some LO's to share using the amazing and gorgeous KOM for July "Once Upon a Memory". This kit is crazy cool in the way you can use it for any LO! Boy, Girl, Young or Finely Aged.. It works for all and I have never seen a kit like that before! First LO that I am gonna show you is a Boy LO that I did using this amazing kit!

This is a LO of my DS.. I used the 7Gypies for this LO and the Pink Paislee Mistable resist papers that I sprayed with several different mists and distress inks. The title area is done with the G45 alpha that is in the kit. The black swirls are actually the blue ones that came in the kit that I peeled off the blue glittery layer and then sprayed it with some black mist from Lindy's. The stars are the ones that Laura showed us how to make. The flowers are Prima "Almanac". The frame that was in the kit is from Kaisercraft and I painted it black with TH crackle paint that you can find in the Flying Unicorn store. I used a sketch that Maggi did for us in the forums. It was awesome to use! Thanks Maggi!! Let me get ya a couple of close ups.

Here is that awesome star. These were very fun and easy to make. Thanks Laura for teaching us about it! They rock! All you do is cut out a 5 point star, crease each point in the center. I inked the edges of mine. Next close up..

Here is the once blue, now black swirls and the G45 alphas that I used. I also used a old MS edge punch on the pieces above the title.

Next LO I did a Girly girl LO.
This is a LO that I did of my DD. She is in every since of the word a Girly Girl! On this LO I used the Bella PP that I fussy cut out all the big roses in the back ground. The pink PP is the Fabscraps and the background is some more of that Fab Pink Paislee Mistables PP.. I used Mists and gesso to get the coloring that I got. We also got some masks in this kit! YAY!!  Beautiful Prima masks! Yummy!! I used them a little differently than they are normally used. I misted them with some Lindy's and then quickly flipped them on some white CS, traced around the out line that was made by the mist. I used a black jelly pen. Then fussy cut them out. Easy peasy!! I also did the similar thing to the MS punch that I used behind the masked piece. Now I did break out of the norm and did some sewing.. This is something that I have just started trying to do. Getting my feet wet if you will! LOL The bling title also is in this kit. Talking about fully loaded!! The flowers are a mixture of Flying Unicorn flowers, roses and the Prima and Petaloo ones that came in the kit. I also used one of my Lablanche Stamps that I got from the store!! I colored them with the fabby paints that we got in our June kit. Let me get ya a couple of close ups.

Love love this stamp!! Prima flower and Flying Unicorn roses just dance together!

 The detail to the roses on the Bella PP is amazing and screamed to be fussy cut out!! So I listened!! LOL

This Last LO is one of me and my DH.


 This kit flows so nicely from one type of LO to another with ease! I used the Pink Paislee Mistables with this one as well! Heehee Kinda like that PP don't ya think?! LOL I also used a piece of the Fabscrabs that had a wedding dress in the top corner of it. That is what started this whole LO.. I loved that image! You can barely see it here but it is up right under the bow. I also used the Bella PP in this one as well.. Some more Yummy flowers to fussy cut out! I used the other Prima mask in this LO but did the reverse effect and laid the mask flat on a piece of white CS and then traced it out after it dried with the black jelly pen. I had some ribbon that looked like lattice in my stash and some seam binding that I colored to match. Topped it off with a bow that I had tied a long time ago. The bling is Melissa Frances and a little cameo that I had in my stash. The Melissa Frances bling can be found in the Flying Unicorn store along with the roses and Lablanche stamp that I fussy cut out. The title area is a freebie tag that I got off the Prima FB page. The butterflies are Lisa Gregory's. Let me get you some close ups of this LO.

 This is the dress that started this whole LO! LOL and you can barely see it now.. All well.. LOL

 This is the masked piece and the yummy cherub Lablanche stamp. Love all the blooms that came in this kit!! Manor house is the big flower that I used. I also used the Petaloo ones and added the Flying Unicorn little roses in the center of them.

 Well that is all from me today. Hope you got you one of these kits because it is a awesome one!! Hugs for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment