Monday, January 20, 2014

Canvas Play Flying Unicorn

 Hey guys! Here today to show ya a canvas that I have been playing with. It all started with a photo that my DH just loves of him and the kids. I had some really cool 13 Arts papers, mediums, mists and paints. Some crazy cool Creative Embellishment chippies.  By the way these will be coming to the Flying Unicorn store very soon! So away I went to create a canvas for him. Here are my results..


 The orange from the 13 Arts paper "Remember when", from the "Timeless" collection reminded me of a sunset. I have loved seeing the sun rays stencils, and I don't seem to have one in my stash yet.. Hummm Whats wrong with me?! LOL That is soon to be fixed, but it didn't help me at this time. Soooo I made my own! Very easy I just used the corners of my paper and made wide marks out alternating the spaces and then cut out every other one.  I would slant my ruler to go to a imaginary center to get my angles. Worked pretty well! I surprisingly have a ton of hues of the sunset.  I had no clue I had. Seems this was a meant to be project! Here are some close ups..




Here is what I used:
Canvas, Windsor and Newton 10x10
13 Arts Timeless Collection- Remember When, Perfect moment, Long time ago
Prima stamp- Finnabair  Item #960988
Kaisercraft stamp- Script
Petaloo flowers- Forget me nots Antique Peach, Canterbury Rose Lemon
The Crafters Workshop Mask- Art Is
Dusty Attic- Cogs
Creative Embellishments- Steampunk balloon, "Beautiful Day" title (coming soon to the Flying Unicorn store)
Heart Doily- my stash
Stazon- Blazing Red and Black
Mesh tape
Prima inker- Black coal

Mediums and paints
13arts- Gesso, Mists Chalk yellow, Burnt Sienna, Paint Lemon
Golden- Gesso
Lumiere- Metallic Bronze, Mettallic Rust
Lindy's- Cocoa Bean Copper
Tim Holtz- Distress paint Vintage Photo
Claudine Hellmuth- Altered orange

Hope you enjoyed! Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment