Monday, December 26, 2011

** Snow Day ** LO

Hey all! Hope everyone has had a wonderful and happy Christmas Holiday! I got a chance to play along with one of the challenges that we have going on at Flying Unicorn. It's called "Let it snow, Let it snow" Hosted by Gerri Herbst. She has challenged us all to use snow in an LO or card. Very cool and fun LO to do. Remember to come on over and play along. There are many challegenes to play and plenty of RAK's that will be givin away.. You have a week left so hurry on over and start playing some!! Here is mine...
 I used Maggie's tute on molding paste (you can find this tute, and many others over in the section of Flying Unicorn called Santa's workshop) on the snowflakes on CS behind photo. I also made my own mask and used gesso and mists ( lindy's and tattered angels). The PP I used is Authentique the Journey collection: PP names are Journey and Stroll. You can find these in our Flying Unicorn store. The Flowers used was Prima on the Med /Small flowers that are blue and the vine. The yellowish ones are SD's and the Cute little bitty flowers are Flying Unicorn flowers that is sold in our store. They are called "dorps of blue" I used a little bit of mist to enhance the color to match LO. Large snowflakes are CTMH and Large Clock face is Dusty Attic. I used seam binding that I colored as well and ran it through the little holes in the clock face. The mini snowflakes are spare parts and letters are by paper studio. How about some close ups?!
I created a tag for this title using those wonderful PP Authentique.. Next close up...

That little clock face is from the Prima wrapping that the Sparkly vine came in. Close up of those cute little bitty blooms as well, aren't they cute! I left the DA piece raw.. I loved how it worked with the LO that way.. Some times you don't have to do anything to them just let them be beautiful.. Next close up..

Beautiful blooms and vines.. The fluffy stuff under the vine is actually feathers. I thought that it help with the snowy look of the LO. I found it on a gift bag.. Nothing is safe from a scrapper LOL!! This LO is of my kiddos back in 09. Just one of those Snow Days that comes around. I decided the pic would work perfect for this challenge. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.. Don't forget to come on by the "Flying Unicorn" wonderful friendly place and plenty of inspiration! Good night and God bless!!

2 comments:

  1. HI Tammy, this is quite lovely. I love the little peek a boo showcasing the clock and pretty little flowers. The molding paste technique is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, Tammy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete