Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone out there in cyber world! Have a LO to share with you. This is the LO that I have done for my Flying Unicorn Challenge. My Challenge this month is Distressing and Lace. There is a Awesome RAK to win with this challenge. So be sure to get your entries in to win!! Here is the LO and some close ups..
I used Fabscraps to make the LO. I really love those PP. They are so beautiful! You can find them in our Flying Unicorn store. I also used ZVA pearl swirls that is available in the store. The doily and lace is walley world. Butterflies is Lisa G. . The small flowers are Prima with CTMH pearls for the center. The meduim flowers are Kaisercraft. The Large flower is my own. I called it "Maggie's Magnolia" named after my sweet friend and CT member. I will have a tute in the future on it. I used a DA piece. I treated it with puffy paint and Lindy's moonshadow mist to get the antique look. The edge of the CS I used a MS punch. How about some close-ups?!
Here is a close-up of my flower.. Stay tuned to Flying Unicorn for the tute on it! My Vine tute is coming up this month. More news on that later in this post.. Next close-up..
This is the DA piece that I used the puffy paint on then used the Moonshadow mist on.. I sprayed let it soak in then sprayed and let it soak in somemore.. I repeated this process til I got the color that I wanted.. Next close-up..
I also used the same Moonshadow mist on this doily.  Last close-up..
I have always wanted to try the water distressing.. I found a easier way to do it.. I have a mini tute up on my challenge explaining what I did to achieve the look, without a water faucet. Now for the really cool part the RAK that is being givin away with my Challenge..
 It's it amazing?! How cool is that! Alda is so awesome with these prizes. All ya need to do is play along to be eligable for the prize. Prizes are picked randomly, so ya never know you just might win this..


 Now for some exciting news!! We are having a online crop!! YAY!! What fun!! The CT has been working hard on coming up with games and challenges and just plain fun!! I am gonna be doing a live tute on my vine!! OK little nervious about it, but I know it is gonna be a blast!! So be sure to mark your calanders! See ya then!

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, this is quite exquisite. I love the colors, and your DA is fantastic. I must have those papers...off to the store I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, this is SOOOOO pretty. Love the technique on the chippie and LOVE the magnolia. Can't wait for the tut!!

    ReplyDelete