Thursday, June 7, 2012

**June KOM" Ocean Breezes and Summer Skies" Projects**

 Well let me tell ya I flat out had a blast with the kit this month!!! First of all it was a packed and I mean a packed kit!! My head was spinning at all the Yummy scrapping goodies inside this kit!! Here is a couple of projects that I did! More to come!! LOL


 I went punch crazy on this little ditty! LOL Corners and edges and circles! All the flowers you get with the addon kit and the Main kit well let me just say OH MY OH MY! Love love them! This LO has Prima gorgeous yellow blooms and Petaloo white ones. The little bitty yellow ones also came in the kit! The Kaisercraft large die cut in the background just screamed to me to punch and frame it with the yellow CS that came in the kit!Then I used some of the Prima Fairy bella PP and fussy cut out the flowers in the pp and used a strip across the page. The window that I made  is a new thing for me I embossed  with a cuttlebug embossing folder through my new toy, my Vagabond! Oh yeah!! lol Took some of the CS from the kit embossed it then used some Picket fence distress stain on it. You can find the stain in the Flying Unicorn Store. I hand made the little blooms at the top of the page to mimic the ones in the Prima pp.. Let me get ya a few close ups..

Isn't the Prima flowers just Yummy!!
 These colors are sooo awesome together! Love the colors that come in this kit and it lives up to the beautiful name that Alda gave it! "Ocean Breezes and Summer Skies" Was perfect!!

 I love the water paints that came in the kit too!! I stamped the butterfly with my Kaisercraft stamp and colored it with the paints. It is up above the awesome chippy that came in the kit. The chippy comes in the kit as well!!

 I took those paints a little further though.. I had a idea back in April and tried to use some Tatter Angels Glams and glazes on some velum to get a stained glass look.. Well that didn't turn out so well.. The velum curled way to much and it was hard to control. I had already bought a picture from the dollar store that I had planned on overhauling and reusing it for this project. Fast forward to this kit and the paints.. It worked!!  I was thrilled that It came to life for me! I used a stain glass pattern that I found on the web HERE is the link. There are some awesome patterns there!! Here is my project that I did with those paints..

 I have it here with a white back ground. I took the frame and used crackle paint on it. It was black and not very interesting.. I then the mat was white and plane, not interesting either.. I used some TH tacky tape on it and some Vintage Photo distress stains to color the tape. Added some Dusty attic Ornate corners on top of the glass, after I had the mat and the piece in place. On the velum piece itself I used those paints to color it with, Oh how it shimmers.. Then for the lead lines I used some black metallic paint. I also used some of the water paints to color the Dusty attic chippies with as well. I just painted them with gesso and then the paints. I also edge distress with a little Distress stain as well. The flowers are Prima, Dusty attic, Petaloo and the vine is Petaloo. You can find these additional items in the Flying Unicorn store.

 I also wanted you to see that I left the back opened and covered it with a transparency covered the remaining back, with a sheet of craft paper. Here is a pic of that..


This was a fun project to create!

 So have some fun and get creative!! See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment