Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Memories of a sister" Flying Unicorn OTP

 Hey all! I would like to share with you my OTP today from the KOM. First let me say this was a cool project to work with! I am always impressed of the unique OTP that Alda comes up with!! This one is no exception! It is a memory box that is suppose to be hung up vertical, I turned it on its side.

 I made this box for my Best Friend who lost her sister to aneurysm. In this box is little elements that once belong to her sister. She was a nurse and loved to garden. So this project just seemed to scream that it be done for my friend in her sisters memory. The birdhouse from the kit is what set this all in motion. Here are my pics of it... These first sets of pics are outside views..



I used Dusty attic pieces on the front of it and a vine from Petaloo that came in the kit. The large and medium flowers are Prima. The smaller ones are Petaloo. The Dusty attic butterfly is a technique that I learn from Shona. By putting the piece in water for just a little bit and pulling the sections apart. I did this to the wings on it. I then painted it with gesso and misted it. The vines was painted with gesso as well. Inked the edges and then sprayed them as well with some mists. Took some puffy paint to the piece in select areas then painted over the puffy paint with some Shimmerz paint. How about some inside views?!




You get the little bird house in the KOM. I thought it was a cool piece and it reminded me very much of my friend. The crochet butterfly is from Cathi the rest of the doilies are ones I have gotten from here and there.. More Prima and Petaloo blooms and a Prima bird nest. I had a bunch of jewelry pieces to work with I used them as accents with other pieces. This was a super fum project to work on!!! I enjoyed it and hope you was one of the lucky ones to grab a KOM to get to one too! Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment