Friday, October 11, 2013

"Having a Blast with New Marion Smith Papers Flying Unicorn"

 Hey all! Oooooo Have you guys seen the new Marion Smith papers?!!!!!! We just got them in the Flying Unicorn store and let me tell you if Marion was here I would give her the BIGGEST Scrappy HUG there is!!!!! LOL I ADORE these papers!!! Fussy cutting happiness and the images are soooo amazing!!  Can you tell I am a little excited?! LOL Well I am! Ok So I am gonna try to calm down and get thru this post.. I promise.. Breathing a little slower now.. Ok I'm good! LOL I played with the "Nirvana" collection for this post.. I found myself really having a hard time throwing away little bitty pieces. No kidding! Let me show you the LO that I did.


This is one of those LO's that kinda start out a simple idea then exploded! This is one of my favorite pics of my DS that I have taken recently. I wanted to use it with these pp. I started with just a few pieces in the BG cut out.. Then added a little more.. Then some mixed media cuz I also got some Lumiere from the Flying Unicorn store that I wanted to use too.. And the new Prima mask.. I just had to use it too.. Yeah so it grew and grew and grew!! LOL Note to self.. When using new things.. Don't do it all at once!!  How about a close up?!

The super cool thing is, almost all the elements are fussy cut elements from this pp. I plan on putting this one in Shona's Fussy Cutting Challenge this month!! Oh and the scraps.. Yeah well couldn't let them go to waste!! Heehe Here is the tag I made with a couple of left over pieces and a TH Glassine pocket. I made this for Maggi's challenge that she has going on this month. 

I went from boy to girl in a drop of the hat! I wanted to create a tag, that was romantic and vintage. I am thinking "Love Notes" that was shared between my Grandma and Grandpa.. Cherished tickets from time spent together at the county fair, before he left for the war.. So that is the idea behind the tag. Now none of those old pieces are actually in this tag.. But the papers had all the items I needed to make it look like they did! Too cool huh?! Here is what I used on these 2 projects.

LO

Tag
Lace- From Maggi (thank ya Maggi!)

Hope you guys have a great weekend!! 



  



1 comment: