Wednesday, October 2, 2013

*** OTP Oct KOM Flying Unicorn's "Farmers Market and Hayrides"***

Hello everyone! Back with ya today to show ya my OTP that came in this month's KOM "Farmers Market and Hayrides" at Flying Unicorn. This is just the cutest darn little house!! Really comes in handy for October!! You can create your own little spook house display!! Its made of wood so you can get it out and enjoy it for years to come!! Here is mine..


Here are some close ups.. I even made some little ghosties out of cheese cloth and a cotton ball!! Tooo MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!



You can see from the above pic that you can even add some little lighting inside to create a little more of a spooky feel!!! 

What I used and did to create this..

First Painted the whole project with black gesso, then took a old book and glued pieces (tore each piece of book page down to small pieces, its a lot easier to cover tight areas like this!) to cover the main house area.. After that I painted the roof area with crackle paint and then a layer of white for it to be the top coat. After it dried I went back and edged and outlined the whole piece with the Black little inker that comes in this month's KOM. 

Now its time to decorate! I made my own vine of sorts.. I used some sprigs that I bought years ago at HL. That was the base piece of my vine! Ran it from top to bottom going diagonally across the front of the house. I used Magnolia berries and wound them around the base vine. After I attached that I filled in with Petaloo flowers (Orange and white) and Dusty Attic in bloom flowers green. Colored some seam binding with Lindy's "Sea Mist Green" to finish off the vine.

For decoration here and there I used a sheet of Pink Paislee "Phantom" collection. That I fussy cut out to adorn the top part of my roof, The witch for the window and spider below on the entrance. Prima corner swirls at each eve. The clock at the top is a Prima wooden piece and a Flying Unicorn Adornment. I even used scrap pieces to create tops to my tomb stones that I made completely out of cardboard! Little bit of cheese cloth that I sprayed with Lindys "Lump of coal" and "Black Orchard silver" to make the house look old and wore down. Lastly my sweet little spooks to greet you at the door was made with the cheese cloth and a cotton ball, and a small thin ribbon.

Thank You for Joining me today! Stay tuned for more Projects using this months KOM!!



1 comment: