Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Card Fun With Creative Embellishments!

 Hi all! Back to day to show you some cards I made! Now I am not the leading expert in the cards area by no means, However I do try! LOL Creative Embellishment chippies makes them fun for me, because they can help add the dimension and oomph that I like to have on my projects! The Flying Unicorn June Small Art Small Passion KOM had the perfect counterparts to help me achieve my scrappy goals with creating them!! I will walk you through them one at a time.. First up a sweet Friend card..


Can ya see the dimension I was talking about? Oh how I just love that sweet Butterfly Flourish! I cut it in half about center at a junction point to create 2 pieces. Just added gesso and while it was wet sprinkled on some Stampendous Embossing enamel in shabby blue heat set it and done! Easy peasy!! Here are some more views of this card!




Yummy Right?! :) Ok on to my next card.. It is meant for that special little girl in your life.. So it is done ever so sweetly!


In the kit was this gorgeous stamp set.. The dress form was crying for wings.. So I gave it some! :) Used the Creative Embellishment Butterfly set of 5 and Corner set smallest ones. The treatment that I used on the Corner set was just gesso, and while the Gesso was wet I sprinkled on some Stampendous pink micro fine glitter (fairy dust :) ). When it dried I edged with a pink little inker from Prima. On the wings the process was wetting the edge of the wings first with a water mister.. Then I slowly separated them, to help further the dimension. I didn't do it completely just at the edges. After they dried I applied gesso and misted the center with Lindy's Heliotrope purple Plum (yes it says purple but more like a hot pink to me). Then used some Lumiere in Pearlescent Magenta and started fading the mist out to almost the edge with it. Then at the edges used some Lumiere in pearl white. Lastly I sprinkled more fairy dust (Stampendous Micro fine glitter in pink). Then I applied my cut out stamped image on top! Wha la a fairy dress! Added a few Petaloo flowers and Off Ray flowers. A little Off Ray bow. My card was complete! Here are some more views..




Side note that isn't explained in the above. Most all the layers below was created using Spellbinders dies from Heartfelt creations. With the exception of the blue die cut below the dress form. It was already pre cut that way.

Creative Embellishment Chippies used..
Butterfly Flourish (Top Card)
Butterfly from set of 5 (Bottom Card)
Corner Flourishes  (Bottom Card)

Thank you for Joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment