Friday, August 1, 2014

A Day in The Park with Creative Embellishments and Flying Unicorn

Hello all! I love the inspo this month at Creative Embellishments for the August Challenge! Music is one of my favorite things next to scrapping! Last month was mine and my hubby's 21st Anniversary. We took a little trip alone and celebrated it. We actually got off course on our journey to our destination. It was a good thing tho. We found this wonderful park in Mammoth Springs AR. This photo was actually taken at the park. I used the twist part of the challenge this month and used the song "Faithfully" by Journey as the title to my LO. This was our dating song. Seemed to fit together like peas and carrots! The yummy papers from from Flying Unicorn's August KOM and the yummy Creative Embellishment chippies danced together to create a wonderful magical page to remember our special day together!


Here are some close ups..



For the purple BG I used the Grunge Music Note BG Stamp. I just used a Prima Little inker in pastel Violet to ink up with. Keeping with the Music theme.

The Wavy Music Note Boarder was colored with a Faber Castell big pen brush (Manganese Violet) then I used the little inker in the pastel violet to highlight in a few areas. For the final touch on this piece I used some versa mark ink and some Pearl Ex Gray Lavender to dust with in random areas.

I used one of the Iron Fence set for the fence area. On this piece I first colored it with a little inker in pastel brown, then stamped with a tatter angels stamp that was a small crackle. Then I went over again with Cloud White Dew Drop inker. I loved the way this turned out. It looks so distressed and yummy!

The Lamp Post was done in the same manner as the Music note border. Just with a little addition of some pearls.

The Delish flowers, sweet resin fairy, wooden heart/key and gorgeous papers are all in Flying Unicorn August KOM. Also most of the mediums as well!!

Hope to see you playing along this month with our challenge at Creative Embellishments with us!



1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty layout Tammy! I love the photo, flowers and chippie pieces - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete