Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Vintage Yumminess With CE

Hello everyone!! Here today to share a couple of tags with ya.. Ok, so it seems my mojo is totally in a vintage/rustic mood.. I started playing with some texture fades by Tim Holtz and created a vintage BG.. Broke my vagabond in the process too! grrr... LOL My fault, but hey the story must go on huh?! Well after I got my BG all done I thought.. hummm.. should I do a tag or a card? I thought I would like the tags so much better, so away I went, and pulled out some chippies that I thought would fit the ticket. Here are my projects..


I have been wanting to do a project with the Rooster Weathervane for a while! So I layered on some bits that I had left of my Chicken Wire panel . I also used the Distress screen stamp on the cardstock layer. The chippy was treated with some stampendous Aged Copper and the chicken wire was colored with a prima little inker in Dark rust. Good ole aging colors to set off a aged BG! Here is this tag up close..


Now for the leftover piece I did another tag hey waste not want not! :) That's the scrappy way! ;) So I found a little dress form in the Sewing Machine set and used it! It was the perfect size for this little tag! I colored it with some Aqua paint by apple barrel and then covered that with some Decoart white crackle medium. After it dried and the cracking was done, I used some TH in tea stain distress ink to edge with. Then I stamped a CE Distressed script stamp and edged some more with the dark rusts inker blinding it into the form farther. Loved the aged look of that chippy too!! Here is the close up of it..

A little lace and some seam binding and a old button for good measure. Wha la another vintage tag! Loved pulling things outta my stash that I have forgotten about!

Creative Embellishment Items used:
Rooster Weathervane
Chicken wire panel
Distress Screen Stamp
Sewing Machine set (dress form)
Distressed Script stamp 

Thank you for joining me today! Hugs all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment