Thursday, November 29, 2012

** Cards and Ink ** Flying Unicorn Ct work

Hey all Have a couple of cards to share with you today. I also wanted to draw focus to inking your your cards to tone down a color or create a little bit of depth. Yes even cards can benefit from this little technique!! First here are my cards before any inking is done..


As you can see the card on the left is REALLY bright with the red and white and the card on the right needs a little more punch.

Here is the red card after inking with some TH distress ink. I used bard red and Walnut ( I use walnut A LOT!!).. You can find these inks in the Flying Unicorn store.

It is slight and not harsh. I didn't get to heavy handed with the ink. But now the red isn't as blinding as it was before and you can see the detail in the CS. I used the ink all over the red. On the edges of the white in random areas with the red and the walnut.

Ok how about making images pop a little better. Here is the card on the right. 

I inked all the edges of each piece.. Now this does show up way lighter than it actually is IRL. But there is more of a break between each layer than before. You can see the details better I think. Just a thought for you to consider when you are making your next card! 

Products used:

Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage Collection, PP and elements.
Flowers are Petaloo
Twine is also Teresa Collins Christmas Collection
Digi Stamp Sylvias Wee Stamps (Thank you Alda for sharing this web site!)
Inks Tim Holtz Distress inks and my blending pen, markers, and ink pads.
Deer is Petaloo
Big letter U is Maya Road Chipboard letters.
Circut Cart Art Philosophy
Cherry Lynn Holly vine (top behind deer)
MS punches
Ribbon from my stash

Most all can be found in the Flying Unicorn store or its equivalent! Hope you have fun and take some time to play with cards they are FUN!



1 comment: