Monday, July 15, 2013

*** My Mid Month Mixed Media Project "CT work Flying Unicorn" ***

 Hey guys! Here today to share my Mid Month Mixed media project with you. When I saw all the goodies in the kit my mouth started watering!!! Lots of things I wanted to try out! Boy oh boy was I excited!!! 

 For my Project that I did, I was thinking humm.. French, Shabby and Steampunk.. The lady was my image that got all my creative juices flowing and the word "Paris".. I used some "Creative Medium" to transfer all my pieces over to the canvas.. Here is my Project..


 Here are some close ups. The lighting is just a little wonky for some reason.. I had so much fun creating this project! I gave it to my sweet Aunt. She is super sweet and thought this would be a great "Thank You" gift for her.  


 I wanted my total piece to be very light. So I used really light colors on it. Then colored my images with the colors from my base. This was kinda done in layers. First I transferred the images. Then stamped randomly around the piece. I gessoed over that layer and misted next in Lindy's "Tiffanys blue". Came back over areas with the "coconut" white Gelato that came in the kit. I wanted to keep the tone light. Used some of the cool butterfly rubbons, that was in the kit. Repeated the gelato process. After that was dry, I got to try out the cool Shimmerz textures in the kit! Used my favorite Prima mask and lightly masked off some areas. I used some more Lindy's mists in purple hues to go along with my little purple flowers. There was so many cool pieces to use. Flying Unicorn metal adornment mix. I just started laying out my pieces so that it flowed . DA cogs was used from my stash, I colored them with gesso then used some Lindy's moonshadow mist on them. Used some string pearls from my stash and some lace. The Prima flowers are from my DEEPLY hoarded stash! LOL But it was OH so worth it!! I had loads of fun with this!! Here are some more close ups.




Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you get your hands on one of these cool kits!! Be sure to stop by the Flying Unicorn store and get yours!

3 comments:

  1. Tammy I have been drooling over this canvas since I first laid eyes on it - WOW! So breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, this is a STUNNER! Love the combination of pearls and cogs and lace!!

    ReplyDelete