Friday, March 7, 2014

Fabulous Friday and Mask Chippies From Creative Embellishments!!

 Hey all! Got a tute today for ya with Creative Embellishments Mask Chippies! Ooo Ahhh Oooo These are a total new fave for me! The possibilities are endless and so much fun to play with! I love to shape mine to make them look like miniature real masks. I use to collect these way back in the day. I saw them in the store and knew I just had to have some!

Masquerade Masks

Here are a couple of projects that I did using them..

This is the OTP box that came in this Months KOM Main Kit from Flying Unicorn. I used Venise lace to go around the whole box and Prima flowers and the Large flower is a Manor house flower. A couple of  Flying Unicorn adornments, Prima zipper and string pearls. The box itself is painted with many things. LOL was a tricky little thing. I finally got the color where I wanted it and then used some Viva Croco in white on top and sides to get the crackle. 


On the Mask here I used some book paper covered it, along with some white watercolor paint that came in the Mixed art KOM. Then used some Stampendous embossing enamel in shabby blue and embossed here and there. I didn't cover the whole piece with the embossing enamel. I wanted a shabby look. Last of all I added Viva Gold, Pearls and some Flying Unicorn Venise lace. On the Feathers I used Stampendous Aged gold embossing enamel. Next Project..


 This AJ page was created using mostly scraps I had left over from the LO's that I did with the Flying Unicorn KOM. A few pieces that I had from the kit, that I didn't use. A found Item from Wally World (Bottle cap). In the Background I use one of my Creative Embellishment stamp the Music note border. Water color paints and mists inks and also Bo Bunny stamps that came in this months KOM. I just played around really. Made this a page about simple things that make me happy. They have no cash value, but they are priceless to me. Like music and Art. 2 things that make me smile ( other than my kiddos and hubby!). 



 For this mask, I used my cuttlebug embossing plate and dry embossed it. Went over it in the watercolor paint (white) from the kit. I used some Viva gold in blue this time along with some Tattered angels in pearl. I used some Jolee's crystals in black and teal. The music note was in this months KOM as well as the black Venise lace. The Feathers was in the kit and I used most of My CE chippy feathers on the box above so used some real ones that came in the kit that would have otherwise been untouched. Little touches of gesso to make the lace pop. Mask done ready for my page. Here are the steps I used to create a more realistic feel to the mask.



Thank you so much for joining me today! Hope you have fun playing with some masks!!

1 comment:

  1. Tammy these projects are amazing!! You rock, my friend!! Love every detail...:) xoxox

    ReplyDelete