Monday, November 10, 2014

Creative Embellishments and Sketch play

Hi all you scrappy folks out there in cyber land! I up today on the Creative Embellishments blog. I have a LO to share with you. Here lately I have been using sketches way more than I ever have. Alda did a sketch a couple of weeks ago and it really caught my eye. Now I tend to always follow the sketch to a T. LOL I don't think that is a bad thing either. I have had fun trying to create a background that looks just like the background that I am seeing. Now that has taught me things about mixed media. I am actually doing it without even thinking about the media part per say.. Also in this sketch I saw my fave chippies!! FLOURISHES!! LOL Let me show ya what I am talking about..


I see gears and flourishes and time pieces.. SO MANY CE CHIPPIES!!!!! WEEEEEEEEE Here is my version..

The Oval chippy frame was my starting point.. I treated that with some black aged embossing enamel. Then I layered some flourishes behind the frame. I actually used 2 different flourishes. I cut them up to maximize my use. Those I just inked black with a Prima black coal little inker. The time piece/gear I layered it with the Prima paper I used on the LO. Chose a lighter piece for the center and black piece for the outside edge. Inked the clock hands with a black inker. The time piece itself was treated with some aged gold embossing enamel. The large gear under the flower cluster was covered with some paper. The edges with the little inker as well. Here are a couple of close ups..


I used a die cut frame to make my chippie frame to appear larger.


The Creative Embellishment items that I used is as follows:
Flourish set 23, Flourish set 15
Gear set 1 1/12
Steampunk Clock 3
Oval Fame set
Distressed text stamp

Other Items used:
Prima Time Traveler collection and flowers
Prima harlequin mask
Prima little inker black coal
13 arts black matte paint
Flying Unicorn adornments
Prima stamp and add (Dragonfly)
Petaloo heart
Pink Paislee stamps Butterfly/birdcage
Bo bunny stamp set Coffee rings
Tim Holtz Distress inks Walnut and black soot
Gesso
Feather
cheesecloth
doily

Thank you for joining me today. Hope I gave you some ideas on sketches and Creative Embellishments chippies!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome sketch and amazing take on it. I am loving all the CE products used on this and it doesnt look overly done. Sweeet alterations as well!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete