Friday, January 16, 2015

Flight of Imagination With CE

 Hi everyone!! Guess what?!! IT'S FRIDAY!!! YAY!!! Ok I seem to be on a canvas roll this month for some reason.. I haven't done any while, so I guess I am just making up for lost time! LOL This one I saw a cool tute on pinterest on a BG that I wanted to give a whirl on a peeled paint technique. Now I have seen a few but this one I though hey gonna give it a go! I did add in a few other media on the BG when I got done. I just wanted a little more Umph. But even that didn't give me the Umph that I was looking for. Sooo I added in some chippies, Flying Unicorn adornments and flowers, then it made me smile! Here is the canvas...


The CE Flourish Dragonfly was soooo much fun to alter! I really love how it turned out!! Here let me get ya a close up of that..


You can even see the CE Distressed Script stamp! Yay!! I didn't cover it all up this time! I was proud! LOL The Chicken wire Panel, made a perfect back drop for my dragonfly to be on. The treatment on the Chicken wire was simply stubble it on with one of my worn out paint brushes. I let some of the raw chippy peek through here and there. My Dragonfly was first covered with gesso, misted with 13 Arts pastel turquoise mist, then I went over it in areas with some silks in pretty peridot. I still wasn't satisfied with the look so, I added more! Got into my stash and used some silver pearl paint from 13 arts on the inside of the wings. Nope I needed more.. So I got my 13 arts silver glitter paint and painted over the rest of the wings! Oooo it is nice and sparkly now! LOL Edged the whole piece with a little inker in dark rust. Now my wings looked good but the center was really boring. so I went in and added some DecoArt Metallic paint in rich espresso with a script liner paint brush to create the ripples. painted on some of the mist this time and dried. But wanted a pop of green so I painted down one side with the silks again. Ok how about one last close up?!


Here I added in some CE gears in the medium and Large to fit below my flower cluster. All I did to these was gesso and ink the edges with a little inker. Drizzled on a little bit of the mist. I added in some painted Flying Unicorn Adornments and a TH number plaque. The flowers are Petaloo and loved getting in on the paint and ink action too! Here is a pic of the canvas facing straight on.


Thank you so much for joining me today!! Hope ya try something new out and don't forget to get ya some CE chippies to make it complete!

Creative Embellishment Products used:
Flourish Dragonflies
Chicken wire panel
Distressed script stamp
Medium gears
Large gears

Other Products used:
13 arts Paints
13 Arts Mist
Gesso
Flying Unicorn Adornments
The Crafters workshop Balzen dot stencil
Petaloo Flowers
Tim Holtz number plaque
Tim Holtz chit chat words
Silks
DecoArt paint
Versamark black ink



No comments:

Post a Comment