Thursday, January 8, 2015

Knock knock with CE

Hello all you CE fans out there! Hope everyone is having a awesome week! I have a canvas to share today. Truly I had no idea what or where I was gonna go with this project. Tag? Canvas? Or what.. Yup me and mojo have not been the best of friends. So I started where I knew what I wanted to do.

That was a super cool CE door! I saw this door shared on pinterest by one of my friends out there in scrapy land. Every time I was scrolling there was this door! Sooo I thought hummm I think I can use one of our CE doors and create something similar. Not exact.. But similar. So I pulled out my door and started to work. I started by removing the center pieces. Then I sanded smooth the inside where the pieces was removed. The door on pinterest was blue and had white scroll work in the center. Sooo Of course my door had to be blue and have scroll work too! Now that I had the center piece removed I remembered I had some cool pieces that would fit the bill. Believe it or not I used the window shutter. I traced around the inside of the door right on top of the shutter and then cut it out. When I had it cut out I used some stampendous embossing powder in aged white. Now I was ready to paint my door. I dry brushed on some 13 Arts paint in vivid blue. I didn't completely coat the door. Just a light covering. Then I went back over it even lighter dry brushed on some 13 arts matte turquoise. I used my little inker and stamped it on my mat and mixed with some golden gel medium. then painted the door creases that is printed on to the door. Now my door needed a handle. So I made one! Took a thin piece of chipboard and bended it in a "S" shape and glued to a small tiny piece that I made as the base for my door handle. I also glued my scroll work in the center in place.

Now I had my door allll done.. What to do with it?! I was STUCK! Then I remembered a bible verse that my nana always said to me when I was growing up and when I didn't know what to do about something. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find; knock and it will be opened unto you. The knocking part really fit my door. I did pray for help that my mojo would come back. :) This was my divine intervention. So I decided to go with it and do a canvas. Here is my canvas..


The verse I quoted was actually Matthew 7:7, but I ended up using 7:8. Here is another view..


I ended up using the Window Shutters 2 to go along side my door as ornate pieces. The bricks are the positive pieces from the 6x6 Brick panel. I used some yummy flourishes too below my top flower cluster. It is Flourish set 10. How about some close ups?




Thank you for stopping by and letting me share my divine intervention creation with you today!

Creative Embellishment products used:
Door
Window Shutter 1
Window Shutter 2
Flourish set 10
Brick Panel

Other project used:
Prima Time Traveler's Memories, Paper and flowers
Cheer Lynn Fanciful Flourish die
Flying Unicorn Adornments
13 Arts Paints and Mist
Shimmerz mist
Tim Holtz picket Fence crackle
Prima little inker Dark rust
Stampendous in Aged white and Patina.
Memory box Damask stencil
Silk's Olive Vine
Lindy's Landluber Green





No comments:

Post a Comment