Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mixed Art KOM July~ Flying Unicorn

 Hello all you fabby scrappers out in cyber world!! I am gonna show you a canvas today using the Mixed Art KOM July. Canvas some of my fave products to use 13 Arts paints! Some cool Prima resins and I snagged the flowers from the Small Art big passion to use on it as well.

 I happen to be a fan of Andy Skinner for a long time now.. Quietly stalking his blog and watching his videos. Then I seen his Splash image transfer tute using these awesome threshold pictures. Well I knew I had to play! LOL I already knew how to do photo transfers. But I wondered how he was achieving his effect with the "splash part". So I watched ever so quietly and intently, to see that part! Well I just happened to have some of the medium that he used, different brand but the same thing basically as floating medium from folk art. I have played with this before when I was taking a liking to painting. It basically is paint but clear. So I strolled through the thresholds that he had and chose to use "Marilyn". Thank you Andy for the thresholds and the awesome tute! :) Now here is my canvas..


Here are some close ups...



The bling is out of my stash. The background paper is from the January KOM (Yes I am still playing with that kit as well!) This was a blast to make I tell ya! :)

Stay tuned for more KOM reveals! :)


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful.I am also a silent stalker of Andy's blog and this has been on my to -do list ever since I watched the vid,but I don't have the right supplies so it will have to wait.Your project is wonderful and what a wonderful take on the technique.Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete