Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Art Pallet from the Mixed Art KOM SEPT Flying Unicorn!

 Hello all! Popping in today to show you my 2 Off the page projects from the Sept KOM. Now the Art pallet that came in the Mixed Art kit wasn't really per say a Off the page. However I didn't use it like it was meant to be so well it became one. I used Loads of Creative Embellishments and Flying Unicorn Adornments to create it. Along with a sheet of the Studio 75 paper that was in the Main KOM. I grabbed the Prima Wave Stencil from my stash and some TH distress ink in Peacock Feathers and Denim. The follow with some 13 arts Molding paste. Then I started laying out my design. How I wanted it to look. I was going for a underwater theme with a steampunk splash. I did have some seaworthy molds on hands to play with as well. I dreamed this little dandy up after I did the bench. Felt like hey I did a fairy theme. I needed a mermaid theme. That is what started this little journey.Now befor I show you the project as its finished piece I want to show you the before everything was glued down and gessoed to add in color. Here that shot is..


You can see all the pieces in the raw. I wanted the dolphins at the thumb hole and the mermaids busy at play. Now here is the finished piece with the Gesso and all the Lumiere (back when Alda had the sample packs of color I got them all so I would have the rainbow at my finger tips! Love these and ya can't go wrong either!!) colors added..

I did add in some Prima flowers and a hoarded vine. I love the Prima vines so much.. I think this was my last one! :( But the project was worth every single bit! Now for the bubbles I used the 13 art glass beads and applied them with the 13 arts gel medium and covered them with a light touch of gesso (13 arts seem to be my go to on mediums for the most part! I love them to bits and wish I had tankers full of every single one!!!). Sooo Much fun!!  Here are some Close ups..


The paint brush came with the pallet in the Mix art KOM and the tag was in the Small Art Big Passion kit. Last close up..


That wraps up this piece.. Still more to show!! Whoot Whoot!! I had a blast with this kit let me tell ya!!

For the Creative Embellishments Blog Hop Scroll down. Sorry need a link but couldn't figure out how to do it. :( But ya did get to see another of my fave products from them!! THE GEARS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment