Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Back To School with Petaloo

Hi all! Its that time of the year for the kiddos to start back to school! Some are ready for the new school year to begin and some wish that summer would just last forever. With the thought of learning I have a easy tute for ya today! All about coloring those delish Petaloo DIY flowers!! So put on your scrappy clothes and lets play with some paint! :)

Supplies Needed:
Paint- I used 13 Arts and Silks But you can use whatever you like!
DIY flowers- I used for the tute Burlap Blossoms
Water mister
Heat gun

Lets get started!

First I started with some watered down paint. Now you don't want it too runny(like water) but not to dry. Just enough to coat with control. Like the picture shown.

IMG_2009

Now start from the center of the flower and paint out toward the edges. Don't go all the way to the edge.

IMG_2010

Now lets add in some water so the paint bleeds out all the way to the edges..

IMG_2011

IMG_2014
Add in some more paint to deepen the color if desired..
IMG_2015

Dry really good then add in a bit of a deeper tone. For this part I used some Silks.. I didn't cover the whole flower just innermost of the petals..

IMG_2017
All done! You can choose to paint the little centers if you wish. On my project that is how I colored each flower. Easy breezy and fun too! :)

I created a little canvas that you could give to the teacher. Hey nothing wrong with a little gift to get the new year off right!

FullSizeRender (1)

I chose to use all the primary colors. Those are the ones that come to mind for me when I think of school. Here is a close up of those beautiful blooms.. Note the green ones was already colored for me. :) Nothing wrong with pre colored blooms either!!

IMG_2020

Hope you enjoyed and had fun!

Petaloo Products used:
DIY - Burlap Blossoms, Sprigs from the Calla Lily package, Burlap small Sunflowers, Dahlias teastained, Queen Anne Picks
Burlap blossoms in Pistachio
Fancy Trims in Ivory

Other Products Used:
Canvas from the Flying Unicorn August Mixed Art Kit.
Tim Holtz stencil Measured
13 Arts Paint Vivid colors and Black gesso
Silks
Black Chalkboard Paint
Bits from my stash

Thank you so much for joining me today!! Hugs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment