Wednesday, November 20, 2013

**Ya Gotta Love a Handmade Card~ Flying Unicorn**

 Hey all! Hope your week has been awesome! Don't ya just love, the special feeling ya get, when you receive a handmade card! I love, just like everyone else to receive them. To give them, however, my card skills.. Well lets just say they are very novice and I am learning. I was so happy to see the "Queen" of cards (aka..Alda) post some BACs in the forums. One in the Round Robin and the other in WCYDW threads. Oh yeah baby I homed in on those beauties real close! Made 2 for this weeks post to share. My much needed skills are starting to take a turn for the better! Well I think so anyways. LOL

 This first card I made for a special friend. She is a very kind and sweet person who is going through some hard times. Sometimes we just need to know that someone out there just simply cares and sees our situation and cares. Kinda a hug in paper form!



 The paper in November KOM was perfect match to the Teresa Collins blue paper in the BG, perfect and soft for this card!! I am so addicted to the beautiful Manor House Ornate frames!! Oh My Goodness Yum!! The flowers are the New Yummy Petaloo (blue and Cream small flowers), Flying Unicorn mini roses and large pink flowers, Base flower is Prima. The lace is the insane Flying Unicorn Venise Lace. Ok let me tell ya folks, this lace is seriously gorgeous!! No jokes I promise! I can't leave out that cute little bird, that is one of our Flying Unicorn Adornments. She had the lacy look so of course I had to use her! LOL

Here are a couple of close ups of this one..
 This image is so gorgeous! I found it on Pinterest. I have no idea who the designer is of this graphic. But please know this. Your design is stunning and is perfect for someone who needs a "Angel" to watch over them! So thank you very much!!

Another close up..

  I thought I would give Christmas a try on my 2nd card.. I have seen the gorgeous Christmas trees that Jen has made, and have been dying to give them a try. I also happen to have some gorgeous Fabscraps "Angelic" Collection Christmas paper that my bud Shona sent me (THANK YOU! :)) I have been wanting to play with them, so I thought this is the perfect time to play! Here is my card..


 Other than the paper on this one I used, another Manor House Ornate Frame (told ya I am addicted to them!) Prima Holiday Crimson poinsettias, More Yummy Flying Unicorn Venise Lace and Maya Road Chipboard word "Joy". On the mediums I used Mixed Media Inx in School house and Truffle, some Stampendous aged white embossing enamel on the trees. On both cards the vining is Heartfelt creations dies.  Here are some close ups..

 Just love Jen's trees!! Not exactly like hers in shape but the way she made it. LOVE!



Hope you enjoyed, and hope to see ya creating those special cards! Hugs for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment