Thursday, March 19, 2015

Green And A Fairy With Creative Embellishments!

Hi all you CE fans out there! Its almost Friday so hang on a little longer! LOL I know I am! Being that this week is the luck of the Irish week I thought my project should be green. Yup green has inspired my project quite a bit! I didn't use a leprechaun though! I played with a fairy, a fairy cameo to be exact. It was a gift to me from a sweet friend Doris Widder here on the team (Thank You Doris!). The BG of the cameo was green and so it being the week of St Patricks Day I thought green would be the way to go! Now of course there is lots of CE too! Here is my project..


I really played with the Creative Embellishment stamps!! They didn't hide from me this time! LOL My BG of the canvas I used Distress Script stamp, Distressed Screen stamp, and on top of my little saying is the Distress crackle stamp! I played with Tim Holtz Distress inks and paints as well as Prima little inkers in the background. I even added in a touch of Silks as splats. On my chippies I covered both the Mini Oval Frame and the Flourish Set 15 with Prima little inkers and a Dew Drop Brilliance in Galaxy Gold. For my Flourish Butterfly set 2, I used both the side facing butterflies and layered them on top of one another after I had painted them both with gesso, Versamagic inker (on the body) and Silks for the wings. In the swirls I added some crystals. How about some close ups?!

I really wanted to create a woodland fairy type scene..


The saying is "Spread your wings and let the Fairy in you fly!" I thought the quote fit the cameo well. The Author is Unknown. I layered Petaloo flowers below the Mini Oval Frame to give the cameo height. Super fun Canvas to make! Here is one last pic of it on a stand..


Lots of fun playing with Creative Embellishments! I hope your week has been a lucky one!!

Creative Embellishments Used:
Flourish Butterfly set 2
Flourish Set 15
Mini Oval Frames
Distressed Screen stamp
Distressed script stamp
Distressed Crackle stamp

Other Items Used:
Petaloo Flowers Textured and Darjeelings, Berry Picks
Versamagic inker in Spanish Olive
Dew Drop inker in Galaxy Gold
Prima Inkers in Rock Moss, Garden Grass
Tim Holtz Distress stain Peeled Paint, Distressed Paint Bundled sage, Distress ink Walnut and peeled Paint.
Silks in Olive vine, Key Lime, Pretty Peridot, Moss green and Golden Monarch
13 Arts silver Glitter paint
Versa Fine in onyx black
Stazon in Timber Brown

Thank you for joining me today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment