Sunday, March 15, 2015

Guesting With Petaloo featuring Authentique "Treasure" Collection

 Hi everyone! I am thrilled to be asked again to guest design for Petaloo!!! Many thanks to Petaloo for having me once again!!
 I was overjoyed to see the beautiful, warm, and sunny collection from Authentique called "Treasure" to work with. I know if you are much like me, I am tired of the gloom of winter, and so needed some color as opposed to the dull gray all around me. Between this collection from Authentique and the GORGEOUS Petaloo Botanicas, that was the trick to pull me out of the winter yuck! The pastel tones was just heaven sent! I made to standard size cards and 2 small cards that could be used as tags for gifts. Here they are..
IMG_1465

See what I mean!! Sooo loving these colors!! The Petaloo flowers are a picture perfect match to the colors in Authentiques "Treasure" collection!! Let me show you each up close! First up My Pink card...
IMG_1471
This one I used a Botanica Yellow blooms, and Mini Pink Botanicas and Chantilly Mixed in Mauve. I also used a couple of Darjeelings the green small flowers and a couple of Spring berry clusters in white. A girl can never have too many flowers I tell ya! LOL The papers that I used from the 12x12 "Treasure" collection is Adorable, Virtue and Enhancements. The saying just yells spring to me!! Ok Next up my Green card..
IMG_1467
For me at Easter I don't have small children to enjoy the thrills of egg hunts and such. I have a teen and a 20yr old. So I wanted to make some cards you could give to them or an adult, but still say Happy Easter! This one says that to me.
 I used just a touch of masking with molding paste in the BG and a small Doily. I then layered some Botanicas in Pistachio and Yellow, a few mini Botanicas in Yellow. Then added on a few Darjeelings in Teastained Green with some more Spring Berry Clusters in white. I did add in a chippy flourish from Creative Embellishments to go with the length of the card. To help carry it completely across the card without being overwhelming to the design. Last but not least the little bunny cut out from the Authentique "Treasure" collection Enhancements sheet. I just had to give him a little cotton tail and a little bow to his neck. The bow was actually hold the berry clusters together! Making every single thing count in supplies! The Base sheet of this card is the Synthesize paper. Now for my last little card/tags..
IMG_1469
Have you ever been creating and cut things out but not use them on the design you are working on?? Well that is how these 2 card/tags came to be.. I just used a couple of pieces that I had cut out from Authentique "Treasure" collection, the Enhancements sheet and bits of the leftover paper that wasn't used and created them. I added a small bow made from seam binding added a mini Botanica here and there and Whala done! Yes there is a doily on one and a bit of Daisy lace on the other. But not much else needed to make 2 more cute cards. I hope you enjoyed the projects today. Have 1 more thing up my sleeve so stay tuned!
Thank you for joining me today!
Supplies Used:
Petaloo- Botanicas Yellow and Pistachio. Botanica Minis in Yellow and Pink. Darjeeling Petites and Mini Mix Teastained Greens. Spring Berry Clusters in white. Chantilly Mixed in Mauve.
Other Supplies Used:
Creative Embellishments Flourish
Flying Unicorn Lace
Cheery Lynn Doily Dies
Spellbinders Die
Seam Binding
Mask
13 Arts Molding paste

No comments:

Post a Comment