Monday, March 2, 2015

Mixed Art Your Passion Your Art Flying Unicorn

Hello everyone! Hope you guys are staying warm and bundled up where you are out there in scrappy land! Brrrr Its a cold one here. Well for me anyways! LOL Doesn't take much at all to make me cold tho.

Sharing my Mixed Art canvas today. Love that we have a Mixed Media kit each month with cool goodies to try out! This month we had a fab stencil with the Eiffel Tower and some cool soft pastels to play with. Along with some goodies from Shimmerz as well! Sounds like fun to me!! here is my Canvas..


Oh There was ADORNMENTS as well!! 13 Arts micro beads!! Yup this little kit had a LOT of love packed in it. I added some of my fave flowers ( Petaloo ), a Creative Embellishment frame, A few stamps and images and a whole lot of fun! Here are some close ups..


Love to play with those 13 Arts microbeads!! I used some Silks and Tim Holtz Distress ink to add pops of color here and there.


I used the mask 2 times to get the effect on the Eiffel Tower to make it stand out. First I masked in Black gesso and then added a layer of the Shimmerz Dazzlerz in "foiled again" (main kit) on top to make it pop. The  The Shimmerz mist in Shades of grey was added here and there above and below to add a little depth. Lots of stamping with some 7 dots "cold country stamps" (script) and CE stamp "Harlequin".  The saying is a old old stamp from CTMH. The blue colors that are faded in is actually the soft pastels. I combined both blues starting with the darker on the outside working in and then in the center is the lighter color. The CE frame is done in both black and white gesso with the Shimmerz foiled again dazzler worked in. Just worked with it to get the desired look I was going after.

I truly hope ya got your hands on one of these kits. I know they go fast so pre ordering is the way to go! To make SURE you get one!! Here is the link to the details on that. LINK.

Stay warm and see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment