Saturday, April 11, 2015

Petaloo and Marion Smith's Time Keeper

 Hi everyone!! Welcome to our Marion Smith week! Also my first post as a Petaloo girl! I am so excited too! I was so thrilled to be working with the Marion Smith's collection "Time Keeper" and my faves Petaloo Botanica collection for my first post as a DT member!! Let me tell ya these 2 just sing together.
 Keeping Mother's day in mind, because it is just around the corner... So to work I went on creating a keepsake for my Mom! I combined the gorgeous blues, creams and browns of the Chantilly Velvet Hydrangeas, Sugared Blooms, and Mini Sugared blooms in teal along with the "Time Keeper" collection papers Portfolia and Antique Emporium. The vintage browns, Yellows from the roses in the paper just snuggled together perfectly with the Petaloo delectable blooms! Let me show ya my project, its a recipe box..
Front:IMG_1576

  Top:IMG_1578

Left side:IMG_1580

Right side:IMG_1583

Back:IMG_1584

I wanted to carry on the steampunk vibe that those gorgeous papers had, so after I had the Portfolia paper down, I masked in some gears using a Crafters Workshop mask. Using Stazon in Teal and then stamped it with a Creative Embellishments crackle stamp. I fussy cut the 4 corners of the Antique Emporium and placed them in selected areas of my box. I also distress the edges with a sanding block and some Tim Holtz Walnut ink. To adhere the paper to the box I used Modge Podge. Then layered in Creative Embellishments gears. Then it was time to add in my Petaloo flowers, placing them to carry the flow of the box and images. The final pieces was my Flying Unicorn Adornments, Tim Holtz Feet and Ornate plate. For the Plate I used a small scrap piece of the Portfolia and printed the word recipe on it, stamped some crackle on it and rubbed some distress ink on it too. Then I centered it up behind my bracket, used an embossing tool to make the paper fit snug then taped it down. Now I was ready to fill the void area with some Liquid glass to give it more of a whole piece look. I let it dry and then placed it on the box and added some more Adornments to it as well. Lots and lots of FUN!!

Petaloo Products Used:
Chantilly Velvet Hydrangeas in Blue
Sugared Blooms in Teal
Sugared Minis in  Teal

Marion Smith Products Used:
Time Keeper- Portfolia and Antique Emporium

Other Supplies Used:
Stayzon - Teal
Crafters Workshop- Gears mask
Tim Holtz - Plaque, Distress ink in Walnut, Feet
Creative Embellishments Gears and Crackle stamp
Flying Unicorn - Adornments
CTMH - recipe box, pearls
To cover my gears I used a Prima little inker in Dark rust and then added some Jacquard Lumiere in Pearl Turquoise.
Thank you so much for Joining me today! Have a wonderful Weekend! :)
Hugs Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Tammy!!! What an amazing project! Love it!
    Just "found" Marion Smith product yesterday and I bought paper from both collections. Fabulous paper and you really showed off what you can make with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much for the love!! Hugs!!! :)

      Delete