Friday, May 1, 2015

Mother's Day with Petaloo and Quick Quotes

 Hello Petaloo Fans! I'm here today to share a Mother's Day Gift for my Mother in Law! I already have one for my Mom and needed 1 more to give my MIL. I happen to have a beautiful black lantern that was in one of the Flying Unicorn KOM that I didn't get to do. The Gorgeous paper from Quick Quotes fit the bill to a T for this project! The gorgeous earthy tones of the "Gypsy Road" Collection along with the Petaloo Darjeelings Oh my! Love the way the project turned out using these 2 together!
IMG_1706
I added chipboard pieces from the Sheer Joy Die cuts along with some from the Calypso die cuts to my flower cluster of Petaloo Darjeeling blooms. I lined the outside of the lantern with the Gypsy Road collection and edged with the yummy Powder puff Chalk inks from Quick Quotes! Drizzled in some 13 Arts Mica flakes. The Clock face is from Creative Embellishments, I altered it with the same Powder Puff Chalk ink on the raw chipboard. Then gave it a light misting of Lindy's to give it a deeper warmer tone. The Base layer of the chalk in form Quick Quotes was perfect to help me achieve the effect I wanted. Here are a couple of close ups..

IMG_1715
Love the sayings that Quick Quotes has on the die cut chipboard pieces!!

IMG_1716
I added into my cluster a couple of Petaloo Honeysuckle Vine sprays and a Canterbury vine spray in Cream. For my cluster of flowers I used the Darjeeling Medium Mix, Darjeeling Hydrangeas in black and Cream, and some Peties in Cream. Always varying sizes to get a nice cluster. The vines help the project flow from top to bottom.

Petaloo Products Used:
Honeysuckle Vine Spray
Canterbury Vine Spray
Darjeeling Medium Mix
Darjeeling Peties in Cream
Darjeeling Hydrangeas

Quick Quotes products used:
Gypsy Road Collection
Powder Puff Chalk ink in Sunset
Chipboard Die cuts Calypso and Sheer Joy collections

Other Items used:
Lantern from Flying Unicorn
Creative Embellishment clock face
Lindy's mist in Cocobean Copper
13 Arts Mica in light gold
Thank you so much for joining me today! Hope all you Mother's out there have a wonderful Mothers Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment