Thursday, May 14, 2015

Rustic Door with Creative Embellishments

Hello CE fans!! Sharing a project that I have been working on. I totally love doors it is no secret. I thought it would be pretty cool to make a AJ book cover and make it a rustic looking door. After all doors are the entryway to our homes. Eyes have been said to be windows to our souls. I thought about this and a makes a perfect entry way to are journaling souls. I used many CE chippies to create this and in different ways too. Here is the AJ book cover..
I really wanted a rustic looking piece so I created a weathered BG and then arranged my chippies. Here are a couple of close ups..



It was as easy as pie to create an aged iron look. Simply cover the chippies with Tim Holtz Black Soot crackle and then add on some Silks in Chestnut Brown. You just lightly cover the piece using your finger and rub the silks. Just letting it catch some of the areas. For the Ornate pieces to the Door I used the Clock hands in similar style and sizes and layered them on top of  Flourish set 17. To make the center piece (door knocker) I used one of the Door knockers on top of a Mini Frame. I wanted the piece a little larger a spot for my Dragonfly to rest. For the Door knob/plate I used a one of the Door knobs that looked good for the piece and then cut up a Mini ornate title word frame to add more detail to the Door knob area also a snipped from one of the other door knockers I had on hand. I love to layer chippies to add detail!

Creative Embellishments Items Used:
Clock hands 
Flourish Set 17
Door Knockers
Mini Frame
Door knobs
Mini Ornate Title
Crackle stamp (in the Background)

Other Items Used:
Flying Unicorn May KOM
Distress Crackle Paint Black Soot
Silks in Chestnut Brown
13 Arts Turquoise Metallic and Metallic Old Gold
Prima Little Inker in Black Coal
Apple Barrel white paint
Golden Regular Gel Medium
Door Knob Stash
Screw heads Hand made

Thank you for Joining me today!!! Have an Awesome Weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment