Thursday, September 17, 2015

Playing with the Sept KOM OTP

Hello everyone!! Excited to share a step by step process with you today on how I made my OTP candlestick with you! It came in the Sept KOM Main kit the Main kit. Flying Unicorn always includes a cool off the page project. This months candlestick was for me a very fun one to do!

Here is the supplies I used to create this project:


Tim Holtz tissue paper
OTP Main Sept kit
Decoart Crackle glaze
Decoart Antiquing medium
Mod Podge
Royal Coat Decoupage Finish (any finish will work this is just the one that I used)

Ok let's get started!

First take some the tissue paper and tear it in pieces

Now using the Mod Podge attach to the candle stick. Be sure to capture a piece to be your focal point of your piece and adhere it to the front and work around that piece till you have the full piece covered.


Before starting the next step make sure your whole piece has had a top layer of Mod Podge. This helps the Decoart Crackle glaze give you nice cracks. You need a non porous surface for the glaze to go on top of. Now cover the whole piece with the crackle glaze. Don't over brush. This stuff self levels. Just start from top to bottom and give it a nice coat of it.


This glaze doesn't take long to crackle. Just set aside for a hour or so and then you're ready for the next step.

Now cover the whole piece with the Antiquing cream. Nice coat of it. Let it dry then wipe down with a baby wipe..


You can use a brush to wipe it down with, I just used a makeup sponge to do the job for me.



You may want to add a second coat jut for good measure.. Then wipe down again.


Now cover your piece with a finishing coat to seal in the antiquing cream. 


For the finishing touch I added some of the twine that came in the Small Art Big Passion kit. This adds a little finesse to the piece. Just place a dab of glue and wrap it around the top narrow spot and the bottom narrow spot.



Easy as pie with fantastic results..


I also used this same process to cover a tin that I had on hand. I just added a bit of color before I layed down my coat of Mod Podge..


Thank you for Joining me today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment