Monday, October 19, 2015

Spooky Cell Phone Cover with CE

Hello CE peeps! Here today to share a spooky fun project with you! Inspired by Finnabair's work I made a cell phone cover using yummy CE chippies. Lots of fun making this spooky little piece.


Ton's of chippy fun in this little piece. My first layer is the Small steampunk pipe corner that I modified a bit to fit. It was coated with black gesso and some gel medium. Then coated again with black gesso. That is the base of the whole piece. I used Small gears to help the project link together.  I also added in a cool chippy Propeller at the top of the piece for more cool layers. All of these pieces are covered with black gesso. For the centerpiece I used both sizes of the Steampunk skulls to give more depth to the piece as a whole. I also used both black and white gesso on this piece.  Adding in adornments and micro small metal gears for the finishing touch and a tiny bit of black lace in there too. For the coloring I used Silks in green, blue and gold tones. I created the star on the heart with white gesso. I'm giving this as a gift to a friend who happens to love skulls and green. How about a couple of close ups?


Detail rich with womanly things to accent with. Just love how these skulls look all decked out with some Flying Unicorn Adornments!


Lots of fun taking a plain ole black cell phone cover and making it a working piece of art!

CE products used:
Steampunk Skulls
Propellers
Small gears
Steampunk pipe corner piece

Other Items Used:
Flying Unicorn Adornments
Silks
Black Gesso
White Gesso
Gel Medium
Little bit of bling

No comments:

Post a Comment