Monday, December 1, 2014

Creative Embellishment Dec Challenge LO

Hello all! This months inspo pic at Creative Embellishments me thinking about a big gathering that we do every year at Christmas. I have several that I go to, as does most. This is a pic of my SIL and her 2 gorgeous daughters. This pic is one that has called out to me several times while I was poking around looking for certain pics. I always had it in my mind to do and this challenge provided exactly what I needed!


 Here is the LO..


 For my twist (which is to mask something) I masked the snowflakes ( 13 arts mask) that are white and used the CE snowflake stamp for the black ones. My chippies that I used was the Berry BranchesFlourish Ornaments, and Santa's Star Sleigh. I only used one of the sleighs (small ) and one ornament (tear drop shape). Every chippy I coated first with gesso. For the berry branches I first painted with 13 arts vivid green paint and left the berries white. Then went over with a dark rust inker. Then covered berries with 13 arts vivid red paint and added a little more of the dark rust inker. The ornament was left white but backed with paper. The Sleigh was colored with first a dew drop inker in gold. then edged with the rust inker. I then used some TH distress ink in barn red. Then sprayed with Lindy's in Bucket O Blood Red. Dried really good then back over once more with Mixed Media Inks in School house Red.

How about a few Close ups?



The papers I used are the Riddersholm's "Our Country Christmas" and flowers are Petaloo. The white flourish on the sleigh was actually in this months Flying Unicorn KOM and so was the Lightpost clock. I thought the swirl worked amazingly on the Sleigh!! Hope to see you guys playing along with us this month with the challenge!!

 Hope to see you guys playing along with us this month with the challenge!!


No comments:

Post a Comment