Monday, November 30, 2015

Flying Unicorn Your Art Your Passion Mixed Art KOM

Hello all! Sharing a project made today using the Mixed Art Dec KOM For Flying Unicorn. I so love this kit! It always comes with media and cool stuff to use! This month it included a AJ Book. The book is designed for more of a flat AJ page. This was a challenge not to bulk up my page with yummy flowers. However!! I did get some in just not the fluffy kind! :) The images just screamed romance to me.. And well I am a romantic at heart so I dove in and had a blast! Here is the pages.


I used some Tim Holtz Tissue paper in the BG and muted it out some with some watered down Gesso. Fussy Cut the couple out of a card that came in the kit. Then layered them on top of the postcard that also came in the kit. Applied some of the Mica powder in rust that is in the Main KOM. I used the canvas borders (lace piece) to be the guide for the flow of the page from lower left to upper right. Misted with the Prima Gold mist. Then grabbed the Prima Stencil "broken glass" layed down some texture. I wanted to really pop it with blue. Love the 13 Arts splash ink in Turquoise so that was the color inspo fro my flowers that I used. I used the Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamps and colored them up with some water color pencils and Faber Castell big Brush pens. Glued them down added some shadowing and splats of gesso and the 13 Arts splash ink. Added in for a little bit more of texture with some 13 Arts Mica Flakes. Used a rubb-on from my stash that I have had forever. Wha La a romantic page is born! Here are some close ups..




Love playing around with this kit!! I have been wanting to play with these stamps for a while. This was the perfect place to play with them. I can have my flowers with no bulk!! Last look different angel..



Items Used:

Dec Mixed Art KOM

Dec Main KOM

Tim Holtz Tissue paper Postal

Tim Holtz Flower Garden Stamps

Faber Castell Water Color Pencils and Big Brush markers


No comments:

Post a Comment