Friday, November 13, 2015

Simple Stories and Petaloo

 Hi all of you Petaloo Fans out there! Here today to share a holiday layout with you using the fun and beautiful Simple Stories collection "Santa Claus and Company" Collection. Also using the Gorgeous Petaloo flowers that work Christmas magic with this fun paper!!

This paper Collection has Soooo Many fun things to use! Tags, Stickers, papers and letters galore!! Lots of fun playing with the Santa Claus and Company collection!!

It just so happens I have untouched Christmas pictures that needed to be scrapped from last year! I KNOW a whole year later!! Geez I couldn't believe that it happened either. This paper made me want to dig through that untouched stash of pics and create a layout!! I chose to do a mixed media LO. This paper can go in all kinds of directions! Here is the LO.

IMG_2305

I didn't hold back on the Petaloo Blooms either!! Totally fun creating a Christmas cluster of blooms!! I used the Textured Elements Burlap Poinsettias both white and red. I wanted a touch of green so I added in the Burlap blossoms in pistachio. But wait!! I needed smaller flowers Botanica collection Sugared Red minis and a Pine cone and Berries pick! Wha la! A yummy cluster to adorn my LO. A little dab of Gesso and Aleens True snow to turn those yummy blooms into wintery Christmas cluster! I have a couple of close ups..

IMG_2310

Easy to add details with all the cool pieces to the "Santa Claus and Company" Collection! Here is another close up!

IMG_2308

The papers had a cool Christmas Tree made of strips.. That gave me the idea of the Mixed Media Christmas tree..

IMG_2309

A pocket tag to jot down a bit of memories for my kiddos to read in years to come! The little Bells also have been decked out with a bit of Petaloo too! Just took some of the Small Trims Assortment Glitz all Red and made little bows for my bells. One last closeup..

IMG_2307

I cut the 25 out of one sheet and added it over the top of the one that was already there. I ended up covering up the original one more than I wanted too. This actually worked out perfectly. Was sooo much easier to add the snow and gesso. Just a tip though. You may want to back with some cardstock to give it more of a backing. I did and it held up pretty well. Thank you for joining me today!!

Petaloo products used:
Trim Asst Glitz All Red
Pine w/cones and Berries
Sugared Blooms minis in Red
Burlap Poinsettias in Red and White
Burlap Blossoms in Pistachio

Other Products Used:
Simple Stories "Claus and Company"
Aleenes true Snow
Tattered Angels Mists Simply Sheer Tangy Lime, Glimmer mist Barn Red
Lindy's Cathedral Pines Green
Kaisercraft Stamp Distressed edges
Creative Embellishments Stamp Snowflakes
Tim Holtz Distressed ink in Tea Stain
Silks in Emperor's Gold
Gesso, sequins and Drywall tape

Hugs Tammy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment